Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Wichita

I am a lineman for the county, and I drive the main road,

Yep, Interstate 35, straight up from Oklahoma City to Wichita, Kansas.  It was a relatively short drive today and we arrived in Wichita around 12:30 pm.

We saw this barrel near a gas stop we had.  A little weathered, I'd say.  Never seen one so falling apart.  Hope they don't store fuel in it.



We crossed into Kansas without even realizing it.  This was about a mile in.



Searching' in the sun for another overload - going to be searchin' all day, nuttin' out there.  This is Kansas.



We got to our RV park and set up in the wind.  Holy moly, I think we're in Kansas!

I hear you singin' in the wire
I can hear you through the whine, - yeah, probably the wind - winds are 35 mph, but haven't seen Dorothy and Toto yet.

We thought we would check out the Wichita Botanica.  Lots of tulips.



And a giant tree.

Down the road from the Botanica is The Keeper of the Plains at the confluence of the Arkansas River and the Little Arkansas River.



Quite an impressive work of art.

Another guy from Canada was here!



We came back to the RV and hunkered down inside because the wind was, and still is, crazy.  We are in tornado country after all.

And the Wichita lineman is still on the line.

Still no sign of Dorothy and Toto.  Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You sure know more lyrics than I do. I usually just hum! Keep singing and travel safe!

    ReplyDelete