Saturday, March 19, 2016

Dance Night Again

Brrrr.  It was chilly today.  Room temperature outside, but it was windy.  We had quite the wind for about an hour or two through the night.  We heard it because it was knocking over chairs and stuff outside.  Then woke up to a thunderstorm and pouring rain this morning.  But it quit raining by around 9 am, and stayed about the same all day.

I got a phone call today that I won a compass and insulated cup as a prize on a raffle table.  I had put tickets in for a couple of different items when we were at the livestock show the other day.  Now what do I do with it?  I'll figure something out.  Well, I knew what to do with the insulated cup.

Tonight we went to another dance and tested out my insulted cup.  (You take your own drinks.)  This time the group was called "The Agency" and they played 50s 60s and 70s music.  They were quite good.  The lead singer was amazing and could do the Righteous Brothers, or any other singer, very well.  They play up and down the Rio Grande Valley.



The place was packed.  They sold something like 400 tickets.

The Locomotion!



It was fun, and we got to meet a bunch more people - from Iowa.  Probably danced more than we've danced in 3 years combined.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. What? Which cup would that be?

      Delete
    2. haha i was going to ask the same thing!

      Delete
    3. Ok - I just reread my post and now I get it. I spelled it right in one spot and not in another.

      Delete