Sunday, March 6, 2016

Nothing Exciting - Just Some Shopping and Stuff

Today was a relaxing day for the most part.  We went for a bike ride along the levee (I think it's holding back a reservoir, but not really sure).  It was quite windy today, so biking against it was pretty hard.  We went for about 2-3 miles, then came to a barrier.  We thought it would go all around this pond-sort-of-thing, and I think it does, but not until you get all the way out to the highway.  Not doing that.  So we turned back.  I didn't take my camera, or anything along.  I'll post pictures at some other time.

I decided I would visit the Premium Outlet Mall about 3-4 miles away from here.  I needed a new purse (hee hee).  Gerard would rather relax at the RV, so that's what he did.  I'd rather shop alone anyway.

Tonight we decided to go out for dinner.  We haven't done that since we've been here.  I don't mind cooking in the RV.  I guess 'cause it's different.  So we were going to go to The Smoking Oak in Mercedes, but we got there around 6:30, and it was closed.  They serve until 4 pm, or until all the meat is gone.  I guess lunch will be in the plans at some point.

So we changed directions and went to Cortino's Italian restaurant, more or less around the corner from us.  Nice little place.  The food was quite good.  Almost Ennio's.



We're enjoying a half carafe of Chianti.



When we got back, we saw a doggy in the window.  He loves to sit up on the back of the sofa and watch for us.

1 comment: